2009-09-20

the things i wish you could say

As we walk down a road that's beaten and treaded there's only one thing on my mind

ANd as you lie there crying looking deep in my eyes only one thing's a surprise


it's that you think that i could ever not love you it's that you think i'd ever leave you

and in your deepest darkest moment of fear and doubt i hope you know that isn't tru


So keep on playing on the stage that's cracked and it's burning remember one thing that remains

even though i didn't carry you in my belly you're still my son this much is plain


even though you fucked up and you lied about it the world's not over not all's lost

and even though it seems like i have no love for you it's not just you that's been caught


in a web of drama, the divorce has turned so rotten but at least that part is not your fault

but way deep down in my soul i know i can forgive you and i know that we will make it through


You're captured inside my heart and i'm captured in yours nothing else matters today

And if i go down tonight you are going with me. there's nothing that you can say


No comments: