2009-02-09

our so-called friend

i hope you feel better now that its through
we were never together though i was with you
i'd have held your hair back if you'd get sick
and you'd cut off my hands
i wonder how you feel now that its done
i wonder if you remember me singing about a gun
i'd drive on for hours just to see you
you'd leave me to stand

standing for hours waiting for you
the rain a cold shower the water a pure blue

i gave all i could you never gave back
i'd bring love to your door you'd respond with attack
and now as i write this i wonder aloud to myself
why did i care so much
you had so much to give to me, you beat down my fears
you still have it all you just don't show it so clear
you have your own life and i'm not a part of it at all
i still care too much
lying for days lying with you
you held my heart in your hand and you made it turn blue
with your icey cold hands you know where i stand but where are you?
do you think about me now that we haven't talked for weeks
even when i think about it now it makes me feel weak
to think about all the potential i felt in you but now all gone

No comments: