2007-11-15

untitled

sunrise in the garden laying here my lady in my arms
we talked all night of meaning the universe god and love
i sate inside myself there and dreamed of days better that would come
my dreaming life in power over my consciousness here and now

i could not see to the end of this dream the end of life formed
the pictures in my head dreaming at the speed of sound
but lately it seems to me that no on has much of any joy
in seeing me and loving me and rejoicing in connections that we share

the leaves swirled around in the meadow with no belief in unity or shame
the orange browns reds and yellows painting pictures of my pain
as i held on to my lover the falling leaves remind me of
my disconnect from feeling all the things promised in my life

1 comment:

finijo said...

I love your writing - I hope you never stop. This poem is beautiful.